Now booking for the 2022-2023 school year! Schedule Now!
Author Visits to Schools and Libraries With Emma G Rose
Librarians and teachers say that author visits get students excited about reading and writing, empowering them to be creative.
- “My imagination grew after you spoke to us!”
- “You are one of the few authors that inspired me to keep writing after I thought that my writing wasn’t good enough”
- “Her presentation was a 12 out of 10!”
If you want to bring your students an experience that will teach and inspire them, I want to come to your high school or college. Let’s make it happen.
Author Visits from Emma G Rose Include
Each in-person visit includes a presentation to either one large group of students (assembly style) or two smaller groups (classroom style) with plenty of time for Q&A. Every student will receive stickers and bookmarks as a memento of the visit. Emma G Rose will also sign books for students, teachers, or the school library.
You can add on workshops or substitute the author talk for a workshop. See details below.
Signature Author Talk: From Family Tragedy to Indie Publishing
“From Family Tragedy to Indie Publishing” shows your students that everyone has to overcome challenges to meet their goals. It covers Emma’s path to becoming an author and the challenges she overcame along the way. She also gives her first-hand experience of how writing helped her deal with a family tragedy and how that experience inspired her writing.
This talk can be customized to meet the needs of your students and your curriculum.
Writing Workshops for Students
Choose from two different student workshops:
- Creating Compelling Characters for Fiction
- How to Independently Publish a Book
Each workshop is for up to 20 people and includes exercises and activities.
Give teachers the tools to support aspiring authors with a workshop, “How to Support Students Who Want to Pursue a Career in Writing.” This talk covers:
- Helping students find reliable and useful resources
- Identifying common struggles many aspiring authors face
- Sharing the truth about how writers make a living
Why Choose Emma G Rose For Author Visits
With so many authors in the world, you might wonder why I’m the right one to visit your school.
- Experience. Because I’ve spoken at schools, libraries, teachers’ organizations, and bookstores.
- Connection. I went to a rural school too. I graduated from a rural high school in central Maine, which means I’ve been where your students are today.
- Professionalism. As a published author and a professional content writer, I’m a real-life example to your students that they can make a living with writing.
- Enthusiasm. I love this work. Nothing is more exciting or fulfilling than showing a student that they can achieve their dreams. Students can tell how passionate I am about this message.
- Mental Health. Even though I write fantasy, dealing with difficult life situations is the foundation of my books and the heart of my message. In a world where 1 in 3 high school students experience persistent feelings of sadness or hopelessness, mental health is something we need to talk about.
If you’re still not convinced, visit my blog on the Benefits of Author Visits.
Order Books by Emma G Rose for Author Visits
If you order books in bulk (20 or more) directly from Imperative Press Books, your school or library will receive 20% off the cover price plus free shipping. Only schools and libraries that book an author visit get this offer.
Booking Author Visits with Emma G Rose
It’s easy to get an author to visit your school. Just contact Emma. School and library visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Available dates depend on Emma’s writing schedule and other bookings.
To ensure you get the date that works best for your students schedule as early as possible. A small deposit will hold your place on the calendar.
Here’s how you can reduce your out-of-pocket cost. Connect us with one or two other high schools or colleges in your area that you think might also appreciate an author visit around the same time as yours.
For each school (up to two) that confirms an author visit, you’ll receive a discount and so will the school you recommended. You could cut the cost of your visit in half and help another school do the same!
If you still have questions, review the Frequently Asked Questions below or send us a message. Emma or her business manager, Sue, will get back to you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost to get an author visit from Emma G Rose?
That depends on where your school is located. Emma lives and writes in Maine but travels all over the country for author visits and book events. Add-ons and bulk book purchases may also affect the cost. Please contact us for pricing.
What about virtual visits?
Yes, Emma can visit your classroom virtually. However, please limit the visit to one class of students (22 kids or fewer). The technology makes larger groups more challenging.
What about book sales? Will you bring books for students and teachers to purchase?
That’s up to you. If you’d like the opportunity to purchase books during the visit, we can accommodate. You can also order books in bulk before your visit and have them shipped directly to your school.
Will Emma come to our middle school or elementary school?
Emma’s books and talk are most suitable for students aged 14 and up, but we can recommend some amazing middle grade and children’s authors who might be a better fit. Just contact us.
Where are you willing to travel?
Emma will travel almost anywhere in the contiguous United States.